After our first night in New Orleans, we remained in the city for a few days. Ryan, on the night of the show at the All-Ways, flew back to Kansas to support his girlfriend through a family crisis. While we wound up canceling our two Texas dates, we stayed in New Orleans for a total three days, hanging out with our friend Nick Istas and exploring the town.
Here are the highlights:
- Dancing to the Stooges, a brass band, at the Hi-Ho. Also, hearing a more traditional jazz band the night before (John spotted an actor from Treme and the Wire at the gig).
- Nick sharing his account of working as an extra in the upcoming Twilight film, as well as his double work for Joseph Gordon-Levitt.
- Singing with some of Nick's cousin's friends in the apartment where we stayed.
- Making breakfast. John and Kristin are gastronomic victors.
- Seeing some sweet street art. (See Figure 1.)
- Dining like a family at a restaurant whose tag-line stated, "Ladies invited." (See Figure 2.)
Dan/ the low end
P.S.Thanks to Nick, Nathan, and Becca for allowing us to crash on their living room floor. Also, we send our love to the Flynn family.